Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Some interesting things..

Online today I found some (at least what I thought to be) really interesting articles and such about TFA. Just thought that I would share.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124061253951954349.html

http://blog.nola.com/reneepeck/2009/03/unexpected_things_can_happen_w.html

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=58111303066&ref=mf

I really hope that last link to the video works -- I finally got more information about what institute will be like.


I also really like the quote for today:

"I know God will not give me anything I cannot handle. I just wish that He did not trust me so much." -- Mother Teresa

That is a feeling I have had a lot lately. You could also say that I wish that TFA didn't trust me so much! Hopefully, I wont let anyone down! It's getting closer and closer.. and more and more real..

2 comments:

  1. the stories you posted are great. It shows the changes that can be made in just 2 years, not only with the kids but you as well. people give me credit for being over here but i want you to know that i thing what you're doing is better. you are stepping out into a whole new place starting from scratch.starting over in a new place with brand new people. it will be a challenge obviously, but george's story shows you the impact this will have on everyone involved.
    I know you are intimidated by special education, the quote you used is great. Be proud when you see the statistics in those stories. 1 out of 10 people are selected for TFA, out of that percentage they believed you were special enough to work with these kids. Be proud of what you are taking on because all of us are very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and i forgot... reach for the heavens and grab the stars. kinda fitting to me that she is singing that song with a couple of kids right?

    ReplyDelete