Hear Me Roar!!
It is now T-minus 25 days until the ING Half-Marathon. When I tell you I am excited, I mean that I am EXCITED. First, I am excited that it is almost here. Second, I am excited that I am EXCITED! I never thought I would be excited about a race. I never thought I would begin to enjoy running. Now, I am not sure I am at the point of enjoying running, per se, however I am enjoying the accomplished feeling I get after running.
Sunday, I ran 10 miles. Did you hear me?? TEN MILES! If you aren't sure, let me spell it out for you what an accomplishment this is for me. . .
Up until this point, I have never run further than six miles, without stopping to walk, stopping to make excuses, stopping just to stop.
Up until this point, I have never even stayed on a treadmill for 2 hours -- and I was on it for 2 hours + 20 minutes.
Up until this point, I wouldn't have even attempted this run. Not even in my dreams.
Up until this point, I would have been huffing and puffing and hurting by mile 4.
But instead, at mile 4 I felt great.
At mile 5, all I could think was -- I'm really okay right now!
At mile 6, I thought -- Every step I take after this is a step further than I have ever run.
At mile 7, I thought -- I am really going to be able to do this.
At mile 8, I was really wishing it was mile 10..
At mile 9, all I could think was only fourteen more minutes!!
And at mile 10, I couldn't even tell you what all I was thinking. I thought - I have never been prouder of myself in my life. I thought - I have never done something this athletic in my life. I thought - Zach really needs to get me some water now!
Most importantly, the thought that kept running (pun intended) through my head was -- I am really going to be able to do this Half Marathon. If I can run 10 miles, certainly I can run another 3.1 afterwards. I have 3.5 more weeks of training, and then I plan on tackling one of my biggest mountains. Zach says that ever since my run on Sunday I have caught the fever. It may be true. I have been looking at other races to sign up for.
I wish I could really put in words how I am feeling about myself right now -- all I know is it's an amazing feeling.
**in other news, crazy things are happening at my school... but I'm not in the mood to talk about that right now. That will be my next post...**
That was a great post! I love you and I am proud of you and I want to hear about your school
ReplyDelete