Monday, January 3, 2011

To Life!

So along with everyone else, I have spent the last week thinking about this new year, new Resolutions, and a new me. At times, the new year is a little overwhelming. Each year, there are so many things that I want to change or improve, so I set all of these resolutions to make myself better.. and by February I feel miserable and disappointed with myself. So this year, I decided to take a note from a fantastic book, The Happiness Project. In the book, the woman decides to have a different theme each month, nothing huge, but just little things to make herself happier. So, while I have some over-arching goals for myself this year, there are also smaller changes that I want to make throughout the year to improve myself and my life.

So... my first six months are as follows:

January -- Be Healthier. For me, this means drinking a little less, eating a few more veggies, and getting back to my running. I know how much better I feel when I am healthier, so this is the first thing that needs to happen!

February -- Get back to my faith. I think with all of the amazing things that have happened in my life, I have lost my way with God a little. Its easy to take Him for granted when things are going your way. I want to find a church here in Atlanta, find a Bible study, and figure out how to bring this all to my marriage.

March -- Be more confident. This is something I have struggled with my entire life. I don't know how to accomplish this yet.. but it is something that is really important to me.

April -- Make more time for friends. I have so many amazing people in my life, I think I take it for granted. I want to make more time for catch-up phone calls and spend more time with the girls. At times, I feel too tired or too emotionally drained to go out, and this is something I want to work on. I need to stop being so sketchy about going out with people, and just go and do it. I am lucky to have the people in my life that I do -- and I don't want to lose that.

May -- Be more active. As warmer weather comes, I want to be more physically active. I know in January I am getting back to my running, but I want to become a generally more active person. More getting outside. More taking advantage of this healthy body I have and all the things it can do. Less time on the couch in front of the TV and more time outside!

June -- Be more adventurous!! I have so many things I *want* to do or try, but most of the time I am too afraid. This month, I want to step out of my comfort zone to try new things. Maybe this will be the month I finally skydive... or go rock climbing.. try new foods.. who knows!


So that's it for now. I am still figuring out the other six months -- maybe I'll have more ideas after trying some of this for the first few months. I want to keep motivated and take baby steps to improve myself.

1 comment:

  1. I Love this post! And I will be with you all the way!! Yay for Carrie in 2011!!

    ReplyDelete