Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I am truly, incredibly blessed. In the midst of more chaos then I have experienced so far at my job, I am so happy. In the midst of a week filled with physical threats from students, laptops being stolen from my room, all on top of the usual nonsense of my current daily life, somehow I can actually still smile and laugh. Why? I am blessed with a man who is my partner in every sense of the word. I am blessed with a man who surprises me by bringing home a "six-pack" of gourmet cupcakes because I had a rough day. A man who kisses me on the forehead as I cry and says, "We'll get through this together." We. WE will get through this. Not, "You'll make it." Or, "You can do it." But we. I am now, and forever, a we. What an amazing feeling.
Thank you, Father, for sending this precious, amazing man to me and for blessing me with this marriage. I promise not to take it for granted. I promise to spend every day working to make him feel as loved and taken-care-of by me as I do by him.
Lyrics from my favorite musical, The Last Five Years. It is actually a semi-depressing show, but this is an incredibly beautiful moment where the man, Jamie, and the woman, Cathy, actually get married. It is the second song on the CD I made myself the week before the wedding...

Husband: There are so many lives I want to share with you
I will never be complete until I do

Wife: I am not always on time
Please don't expect that from me
I will be late, but if you can just wait
I will make it eventually

Not like it's in my control, not like I'm proud of the fact
But anything other than being exactly on time I can do

I don't know why people run
I don't know why things fall through
I don't know how anybody survives in this life
Without someone like you
I could protect and preserve
I could say no and goodbye
But why, Jamie, why?

I want to be your wife, I want to bear your child
I want to die knowing I had a long, full life in your arms
That I can do, forever, with you

Will you share your life with me
For the next ten lifetimes?
For a million summers
Till the world explodes
Till there's no one left
Who has ever known us apart
There are so many dreams
I need to see with you...

There are so many years I need to be with you...

I will never be complete

I will never be alive

I will never change the world until "I do"

No comments:

Post a Comment