Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Pure Cheesy-ness...

I spent this weekend celebrating our nation's birthday with three amazing families: the Smiths, the Olsens and the MeGahees. The weekend, while full of nonsense and too many people in one house, was another eye-opener for me. Anyone who is anti-cheesy-ness should move on and wait for another post... =)


I am beyond blessed. Let me re-phrase. I have always been blessed, but I am more and more aware of this on a daily basis. I am doing my best lately not to take this fact for granted but to remind myself regularly. This weekend did just that for me. I am beyond blessed with the amazing people I have in my life and the relationships I have been given. More than just being blessed to have those people in my life, I am blessed that said amazing people have relationships with each other. Good ones, too! I literally almost teared up at one point this weekend, in the midst of too little sunscreen and too much Bud Light when I saw my mom and Zach's mom giggling with each other in the back of our rented Pontoon boat. Not only do I have a good relationship with my *future, in-less-than-three-months* in-laws, but my parents also have a good relationship with them. Not only do I love Zach's sister, but my sisters love his sister. Zach's friends are my friends and my friends are his friends. As I have seen in the past, through friends' experiences, how difficult these relationships can be to form, I am beyond thankful that our friends and families get along so well -- and I vow to be grateful for it every day.


I am also blessed with the amazing man who I marry in less than three months. While working on noticing and appreciating the relationships we have with ohers, I am also working on appreciating the time we have with each other and not taking it for granted. We have our fights and our issues, but I have so much fun with him. Despite being exhausted from our trip, we arrived back in Atlanta and had a night full of laughter and silliness.



I am a blessed girl. And I am doing everything I can to take it all in, appreciate it, and save these moments up for when the stress of school starts back into my life!

Our weekend, in a few pictures...


1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had a great time! I am so happy for you. It is great that you are so blessed to have those loving people in your life! I hope things just keep getting better for you and your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete