Along with the many other goings-on in my life, there have been a few cooking adventures along the way! A few weeks ago, I had two big adventures. One adventure was my first attempt at homemade spaghetti sauce (like, not Prego. And not taking Prego and adding stuff to it. Like, forreal homemade from scratch). The second adventure was a from-scratch red velvet cake. Both nights I had a BLAST and I will DEFINITELY be making those recipes again.
The recipe for the spaghetti came from Lauren's mom -- after I sent a frantic email for help from everyone I know that can cook (and whose email address I had!). I don't know if it is some sort of secret family recipe that only a few people are allowed to have, so for now it will remain a secret. Unless, of course, I get permission. Then I will be GLAD to share it, because it was DELICIOUS! That night, I also found out that Kroger (and apparently most other grocery stores) sell dough so that you can feel like you are baking your own bread from scratch. Here are a few pictures from the evening!
No comments:
Post a Comment