Quote of the day. From one of the crazy gen.ed. students in one of my inclusion classes. I did well just to keep a straight face =)
Things are incredibly stressful and overwhelming right now. I am now supposed to be teaching 9th grade math, 9th grade english, 10th grade math, and 10th grade english. To say I am overwhelmed or stressed is an extreme understatement. I am hoping to meet with my principal/PEC program assistant within the next week to tell them my concerns. I can't keep going like this right now. Its not what TFA wants me to be doing, its not really what my principal wants me to be doing, and its not what I want to be doing either. Things have got to change. But I'm going to make it happen.
I have also decided that I am going to post more about my real life instead of just teaching. Because often, teaching is stressful or frustrating and I am not being as positive as I am in real life. I found out today (really about five minutes ago) that I have been accepted as a member of the Corps Member Development Committee. Its a Sponsor-A-Teacher program where corporations that donate to TFA are matched up with a specific teacher so that they can put a face to where their money is going. I'm excited because it will get me more involved in TFA and may increase my opportunities post-TFA. I'll let you know more information as I learn more, but it sounds promising.
Zach and I are often exhausted, but we are really enjoying living in the same city again. Atlanta has so many things for us to do. This weekend we are hoping to go to the Atlanta food festival (Taste of Atlanta) and possibly the fair too! After watching the Arkansas game, obviously!
Graduate school is going. I don't really feel like I learn very much in my classes, but they are still fairly difficult, mostly because of the amount of work that is expected in my three classes. I am definitely glad that I will have a Master's, but sometimes I really wish that I had the extra time to do work for school, to be after school for tutoring, etc. Although its a nice time to be able to update my blog (shhh!!! )
I love my new car, I promise I will post pictures as soon as I take them. Probably this weekend. I also bought a Wii on Ebay this week, so I am eagerly anticipating its arrival! I loved working out with Mom's Wii Active, so I am hoping that it will encourage me to work out more. Unfortunately, because I am so tired and worn out by the time I get home from school or school and class, its difficult for me to be motivated to work out. However, I think I am going to decide on a half-marathon to sign up for, pay the money, etc. to also help motivate me. I know that running or working out can actually really make me feel better, I just have to make myself get there.
In case you're wondering, its 79 days until Christmas. So 48 days until Thanksgiving. But honestly, who is counting?!
No comments:
Post a Comment