"People see God every day, they just don't recognize him."
I think today that God realized I was struggling with feeling frustrated and overwhelmed. They have added students to my caseload, so after all the work I have done to get a perfect schedule for my students and myself so that I am helping them as much as I can (and as much as they need) -- now thats kind of all gone down the toilet. I am now expected to be in at least three different places at once for just about each block every day. I am trying to figure out how I am going to handle that...
Anyway, God saw I was upset. So today, He sent one of the students to me to remind me that I am actually accomplishing things at this school. Q, my student who was such a behavior issue for so long, walked in my class last period today to give me a hug. I literally could have cried. I said, what was that for?! And he said, I just wanted to say hello.
Thanks, God. =) I needed that reminder.
I never realized how much paperwork was involved in this job. It's more than ridiculous. Thankfully, I am just about caught up. At least until they add new students to my caseload or something else crazy!
I am meeting with my PD tomorrow -- the behavior issues at my school that I am always talking about are so out of control that I cant even teach. I am hoping she will have some suggestions. Plus, she just makes me feel better about myself and the job I'm doing. Not that other people don't say nice things about me or what I'm doing, but I respect her so much and I know she knows what she is talking about, so it means more.
School is still overwhelming, but life outside of work is great. Still taking it one day at a time, and reminding myself that this will take a while. Every day is a new day, and I know that I am getting better each day.
Still, I continue to pray with every breath I take...
No comments:
Post a Comment