So I wanted to start this blog to try and gather and keep up with all of my thoughts as I am getting ready to move on, graduate, and start a new chapter in my life. I think it will be somewhat therapeutic and helpful in managing all the craziness that I am expecting...
I am thrilled by the opportunity that I have been given through Teach for America. However, the more and more I learn about what I have gotten myself into the more nervous I become. I am worried that I won't be prepared for this, that I will let my kids down or myself down, or even TFA down. I try to compare this to CWE, thinking that I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I interviewed for CC or when I accepted the job as HCC. But staff new exactly what they were doing, and they prepared me for just about every thing I needed to handle the job. Anything they didn't specifically prepare me for I was still able to handle because of all the other tools I was given. I would like to think that this is how teaching will be. I am eagerly anticipating beginning Summer Institute because then I will (hopefully) finally feel like I am being prepared for the job.
I don't mean to sound like I am not confident in myself. I think I would be feeling like this no matter what job I was headed for. I am very grateful to even have a job and to know somewhat of where I am going.. But as I study for the GACE which I will take this weekend, I feel like there is way more information that I DON'T know than there is what I DO know. I haven't studied this hard for something in a really long time! My brain doesn't even know how to handle it anymore! I will be glad when the test is over and I can begin focusing more on the information that TFA gave me to prepare for the Summer Institute.
I think this is all for now.. Just wanted to introduce what I was doing and get some things off of my chest!
No comments:
Post a Comment